Lift with your knees, not your back.
In case you forgot the poem on which this gag is based, here it is — William Carlos Williams’ This is Just to Say:
This is Just to Say
I have eatenthe plumsthat were inthe iceboxand whichyou were probablysavingfor breakfastForgive methey were deliciousso sweetand so cold
Since I now work in the digital identity space, I feel duty-bound to celebrate this day, June 3, 2021, the 40th birthday of the patron saint of identity: McLovin’!
As you can see, he was “born” on June 3, 1981:
I would be remiss if I didn’t include the scene from Superbad where he shows off his new fake ID. Be advised that it’s Superbad, which means very salty adult language…
I’m not the only one celebrating….
Happy 40th birthday McLovin. (We wrote this joke when we were 14 years old) pic.twitter.com/6E4Qa2tVQi
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) June 3, 2021
- Yahoo! Entertainment — Seth Rogen, ‘Superbad’ fans celebrate scene-stealer McLovin’s 40th birthday
- Entertainment Weekly — Chicka chicka yeah! Seth Rogen wishes McLovin of Superbad a happy ’40th birthday’
- New York Post — ‘Superbad’ character McLovin turns 40, Seth Rogen and fans celebrate
- toofab — The 40-Year-Old McLovin! Seth Rogen Celebrates Birthday of Superbad Character
- The Wrap — McLovin Turns 40 Today! Seth Rogen and Other Stars Offer Birthday Wishes
- LADBible — Today Is McLovin’s 40th Birthday
- E! Online — McLovin Turns 40! See Seth Rogen’s Message to the Iconic Superbad Character
If you watch only one cryptocurrency rap video, make it this one: Dog Money!
Pictured clockwise from bottom: Pocket Doge, Flax the Style Destroyer, Gamora Montana, and Edge-Lord.