It says “I’m so good at what I do that I don’t have to worry about what you think of my Cookie Monster trousers.” Besides, who doesn’t like Cookie Monster?
Cracked put out an excellent video titled If People Who Sell Stuff Were Honest About Black Friday. Sorry about not posting this before Black Friday; I’d only found out about it this morning:
…and you know a topic has made the big time when it’s worthy of hacks!
C’mon, Florida — we’re slipping! How does the land of Florida Man/Woman not end up in the top ten?
This map comes from Estately, who took two data sets:
- The number of Facebook users in each state expressing interest in Black Friday sales, which was likely done by searching for specific words and phrases, and
- frequency of aggravated assaults in each state,
and ranked each state in both categories. They then averaged the two rankings and used that average rank to create a list of US states ranked for likelihood of Black Friday brawlin’. Given their loosey-goosey statistics methodology, you should take this list with an appropriately-sized grain of salt, but I’ll bet you still want to know, so here’s the top ten list:
Want to see the full list? Head on over to Estately’s story.
- The initiation rituals for the Avengers are getting a little weird
- I didn’t know Captain America was into that
- Something something symbolic something something big government
- The Superhuman Centipede
- Actually, it’s a couple of deflated balloons from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade