If you’re looking for a house here in Accordion City and…
- You live alone or with one other person
- You don’t have much stuff
- You miss that cute little apartment you lived in while teaching English in Japan
This house, located near the intersection of Dufferin Street and Rogers Road is believed to be Toronto’s smallest house. Occupying what used to be a driveway, it’s a one-bedroom, one-bathroom house that sits on a parcel of land 7.25 feet (2.2 metres) wide and 113.67 feet (34.6 metres) long and has an interior area of just under 300 square feet (under 28 square metres). The asking price is $179,900.
Here’s another look at the front:
Here’s the living room, looking towards the front of the house:
Here’s the living room again, looking towards the back…
Here’s the kitchen. Note that despite the small space, they’ve managed to fit a washer and dryer into the place:
Here’s the bedroom. It comes with a Murphy bed, which is a necessity in such a space. This is what it looks like with the Murphy bed down:
…and here’s the bedroom with the Murphy bed retracted:
You also get some patio space out back. Here it is, looking towards the front of the house…
…and here it is looking towards the back:
Here are the house’s listed features:
- “Completely Re-Done Top-To-Bottom, Front-To-Back!”
- Tumbled stone entrance walk
- Renovated Bath
- Renovated kitchen with newer stove, new cabinets and new stacked washer/dryer
- Bedroom with Murphy bed + “Built-Ins” — doubles as den!
- Walk-out to fenced patio
- 100-amp service
- 2 satellite dishes and receiver
- “Window A/C Available”
If you’d like to know more, here’s its real estate listing, and here’s an entry about it in a local realtor’s blog.