“RESOVLVED [sic],” the resolution reads, complete with a sloppy typo that would’ve been caught by an attentive proofreader or even a word processor from the previous millennium, “That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention…”
In short, they say they’re doing a great job, they’d like four more years of doing said great job with Trump nominally at the helm.
This election’s no longer a referendum on liberal vs. conservative — it’s been reduced to a choice between semi-competence and a toxic, self-serving, half-assed autocratic cult of personality.
- Business Insider: Republicans will not adopt a new platform at this week’s convention and will instead pledge to ‘enthusiastically’ support Trump
- New York: GOP Will Not Write a 2020 Platform, Pledges Undying Trump Support Instead
- Slate: Republicans Announce Their 2020 Platform Consists of Supporting Whatever Trump Wants
- Esquire: The Republican Platform Is a Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of Unreason
- Mediaite: ‘Cult of Personality’: RNC Mocked After Announcing They’re Totally Abandoning a Party Platform, Just Supporting Trump