My friend Stacy tagged me with this little “Meme of Five” thing, and I decided to go along. Here are the rules:
- The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
- Each player answers the questions about themselves.
- At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
- Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
And now, my answers…
What were you doing five years ago?
- Dealing with the fall-out from The Girl Who Cried Webmaster, an identity thief whom I dated very, very briefly. After her, I established my “no dating girls with LiveJournals” rule.
- Interviewing for a job at Tucows.
- The usual (for that era) girl trouble and other random weirdness.
- Hanging out with LizVang at the Canadian Idol auditions.
- Giving directions to strip bars.
- Comtemplating pimp-slapping the people at the Bell store.
- Being mistaken for legal aid.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
- Continue writing specifications for a couple of projects at b5media.
- Drop off my bike for a tune-up at West Side Cycle.
- Pack for my trip.
- Deposit my tax refund cheque.
- Kill Clarence the drug dealer for crooked cop Francis McReary in Grand Theft Auto IV.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
- Oreo Blizzard from the world’s most oddly-located Dairy Queen at the Dragon City mall here in Accordion City, down the street from the office, deep in the heart of Lactose Intolerance Central.
- Chocolate chip cookies from Le Gourmand.
- Fruit from Fresh and Wild.
- Coffee yogourt.
- Two small 70-cent chicken pies from Ding Dong Pastries.
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
(not in order of action folks!)
- Two chicks at the same time.
- Set up some investments to make the money continue to work for me. Give some deserving charities nice fat cheques.
- Take a big steamy dump on this PC laptop and buy myself a Mac. Reimburse b5media for the laptop I just pooped on, too.
- Buy houses in Toronto, Boston and Manila and float between all three. Pay off any outstanding debt on my sister’s, mom’s and in-laws’ houses. Buy my brother-in-law Andy Ramoniac and his wife Sue a house.
- Roland FR-7 V-accordion synthesizer, baby!
What are five of your bad habits?
- Tendency to bite my thumbnails when deep in thought, annoyed or stressed.
- I check my email and IM too often.
- Tendency to overthink and over-edit what I write.
- Diet Coke.
- Tendency to make wildly inappropriate, lurid or so-weird-it-silences-the-room remarks.
What are five places where you have lived?
- Manila, Philippines: My place of birth.
- Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.: My first home in North America. I was there before Wendy was!
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.: I lived here during the dot-com bubble.
- Accordion City: The city in which I’ve lived the longest. I came here in 1975.
- Kingston, Ontario, Canada: Where I lived during the Crazy Go Nuts University years.
What are five jobs you’ve had?
- Computer programmer. It’s something I’ve wanted to be since the seventh grade.
- Technical evangelist. A role that I landed partially because of the accordion and had from 2000 through 2007, first at OpenCola, then at Tucows.
- Project manager. My current job at b5media.
- Snow-cone street vendor. There are some interesting stories from that time that I haven’t blogged yet.
- Go-go dancer, pictured above. I bailed after a couple of weeks because my weekends were no longer my own, but I had a good time, and ladies did actually stuff bill down my pants. That’s why I didn’t have a bachelor party — most of my thirties was a bachelor party!