Wait…they’re called BRITISH muffins now?

british muffins

Last time I checked, they were called English muffins on this side of the pond (in England, they’re just called “muffins”; and they call our muffins “American muffins”).

I took the photo above this morning at Trader Joe’s, who insist on calling them British muffins. Someday, we may tell unproven stories that “British muffins” unintentionally led to the recent Scottish referendum in the same way that the Great Wall of China Hoax perpetrated by four bored journos in Denver unintentionally led to the Boxer Rebellion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *