Bikini Girls of the Apocalypse

by Joey deVilla on May 3, 2006

Rapture/End Times blog entries are like Lay’s Potato Chips…you can’t eat just one! I promise, this is the last one of the day.

For further reference, see the Immanentize the Eschaton entry of Wikipedia.

Anonymous May 4, 2006 at 6:10 am

It took a full day but then BAM! I got it! And now I am limp with laughter. Where, oh where did you find this picture?!

Anonymous May 4, 2006 at 7:17 am

Hey, Gideon!

I’ve had this one in my (increasingly large) collection of interesting photos I find on the ‘net for a while now. I’m not suire of the source — I belong to a couple of file-sharing clubs, regularly visit sites like b3ta.com and people often email me funny graphics like this, asking me to post them on the blog.

I scaled it down slightly to fit the page; I can send you the full-size one, in which you can read the text of the warning at the upper right-hand corner of the Eschatron 9000’s control panel.

Anonymous May 5, 2006 at 5:01 pm

Mmm – “full size”! I’ve got at least two New Testament prof-friends who could dig it. Send forwarding info, please!

Anonymous May 6, 2006 at 2:12 pm

Yes, please.

Anonymous May 11, 2007 at 7:31 pm

I’d totally love the big version of this image.

Daan May 31, 2009 at 10:27 am

Hi Joe,

This is absolutely fabulous!

I wonder if i am permitted to use the picture as an illustration of the popularity of Voegelin’s slogan? Needless to say it is strictly for non-commercial use, i just need a tasty cover for my dry and abstract academic work….

Best regards, Daan.

Chuck Burch November 23, 2010 at 10:35 am

Please send a link to or a copy of the full scale one where you can read the warning. A college religious studies prof i had once told us he was at a large meeting and saw William F. Buckley sporting a button saying “Don’t Imminetize the Eschaton” and ever since I have considered it to be the ultimate “inside” joke to the non-cognoscenti.

thanks.