So this just happened: I was practicing accordion on the porch, and my neighbor Susan suggested a social distancing sing-along. It’s happening tonight on our corner at 7!
I’ll see about putting it on Facebook Live.
Hopefully, it’ll go better than this German’s attempt to replicate the Italian balcony sing-along:
Here are some translations:
- Fresse: Short for fresse halten, which means “shut up”
- Ruhe: Quiet
- Das gibt ne anzeige: I will file a judicial complaint [thanks for the help with this one, dds!]
- Es ist mittagstunde: It’s noontime
- Halts maul: Shut up (literally “stop mouth”)
- Guck mal auf die hausordnung: Look up the house rules
- Ich ruf der polizei: I’m calling the police