Based on Marshall Julius’ hilarious tweet.
Thanks to Alistair Morton for the find!
Having moved to Tampa from Toronto, one of the things I miss from the ol’ hometown is a usable transit system. (And no, HART doesn’t count.) While this Metro will likely never exist, it’s still nice to dream.
The system described on the map may not exist, but the map itself does, and in poster form, too. You can order it here.
- Tampa Bay Times: Tampa Bay has one of the worst public transit systems in America. Here’s why.
- Creative Loafing: Despite pleas to be bold on transit, Hillsborough County Commissioners opt for $812 million road plan
- Citylab: Public Transit Is Worth Way More to a City Than You Might Think
- HowStuffWorks: How the Best Public Transportation Benefits Cities and Residents
- The Atlantic: For More Livable Communities, Create More Transportation Choices
- Citylab: Startups Are Abandoning Suburbs for Cities With Good Transit
- EfficientGov: Public Transportation Does More Than Reduce Traffic Congestion
- New York Times: Transportation Emerges as Crucial to Escaping Poverty
- Chicago Policy Review: How Public Bus Routes Can Deconcentrate Poverty and Promote Equity
- Huffington Post: Bad Public Transportation Keeps Americans Poor. These Folks Won’t Tolerate It.
- Takeapart: The Road out of Poverty Is Paved With Better Transportation