The next issue of Spacing, the magazine about life in Accordion City and how to make it and other cities better places, should be available soon. The cover story is about winter and the city; for the most part, I think that although winter is always something to contend with, Accordion City generally gets off relatively easy with winter.
As always, Matthew Blackett and the other fine folks behind Spacing are holding a release party to coincide. I’m thinking of going – it’s at the El Mocambo (464 Spadina, just south of College, and really, you should know where the ElMo is) and the fun starts at 7:30 p.m. Cover is $5 for Spacing subscribers, $10 for non-subscribers. If you’d like to attend, let them know by RSVPing on the Facebook event page for the party.
If you attend:
- You’ll get the new issue of Spacing
- You’ll dance to the music of the Track Meet DJ crew
- If you’re wearing a Pinko button, you can get a free back issue of your choice
- You’ll be able to participate in the paper snowflake contest – best ones win prizes
- There’ll be Crayola markers for you to draw your own subway/LRT routes – sort of like the way our new mayor, Mayor Griffin – er, I mean Mayor Ford – seems to do his transit planning
- You’ll meet loads of great urbanists for conversation
Sound like fun – see you there!