Salary range: Commensurate with experience.
Main purpose: Join a team of developers to develop new and maintain/support existing applications written primarily in Java but also in Perl. Additional project and duties may be assigned as required. Carrying a pager and on-call support duties may be required.
Skills and qualifications:
- B.A. or B.Sc. degree
- 1 to 3 years of programming experience in production application development
- Hands on experience with Java programming and Unix/Linux
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Some familiarity with production environments
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good understanding of OO techniques
- Some experience with Perl, HTML, XML and shell scripting
- Version control system experience (preferably CVS)
- Understanding of the following protocols: SMTP, DNS, HTTP and TCP/IP
- Experience with J2EE
- Must work well with little supervision/quick learner
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, ability to stay focused and work under pressure
- Demonstrated team player
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and is passionate about technology
- Ability to work with vaguely specified requests is important
As I said before, we’ve got other positions open too — check out the Tucows jobs page for details.