Back in October, I posted an image of a Canadian Club ad whose design evoked the early 1960’s titled Your Mom Wasn’t Your Dad’s First. The ad used photos that had been Photoshopped to have that old “Kodachrome” look and featured models dressed and made up in the style of the time and featured this text:
He went out. He got two numbers in the same night. He drank cocktails, but they were whiskey cocktails. Made with Canadian Club. Served in a rocks glass. They tasted good. They were effortless. DAMN RIGHT YOUR DAD DRANK IT.
Looks like they’re running with the theme:
A couple of thoughts:
- Why didn’t the advertising agency for Crown Royal, my rye of choice, come up with this concept?
- Lookin’ forward to the next ads, which I hope bear titles like:
- Your Dad Knew How to Use a Slide Rule
- Your Dad Never Told a Girl He Had a Betty Crocker “Easy-Bake” Oven as a Kid Just to Get Some Play*
- Your Dad Never Cried After Sex