Saturday, April 17th, 2004 — 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
Dave Winer, discussion leader
- This is a user’s
conference, not a developer’s conference. There are plenty of
conferences catering to developers, but few address the concerns and
needs of the users. Yes, as bloggers, we’re all users, but it’s too
easy for us to think like developers.
- The sessions are discussion groups — there are no “panels”
nor “speakers”; just a discussion leader and all of you, the
- Everything said is on the record and for attribution. You need to explicitly state it if you want to say something off the record.
- We’ve got lots of interesting people here, including
- Things to consider through the course of the day:
- Can we make money out of blogs?
- Compare our ideas and experience
- How are we better than other media? How are we worse?
- At the end of the day, can we get a list of deliverable:”If we
only had this and this…”, “Here’s what we need as an industry…”
- The Star Spangled Banner played by Yours Truly on the Crucianelli accordion (a.k.a. “The Good One”).