I was under the impression that I wasn’t going to the South by Southwest Interactive festival this year, but it turns out that I’m going after all. Better still, I’m speaking as part of a panel talking about our experiences as part of the BarCamp Tour in a session titled Five Brands Journey Across the Country to Inspire Entrepreneurship. I’ll also be there as a representative of Shopify.
I’ve had some wonderful times on my two previous visits to SxSW, and I’m very much looking forward to my third. I thought I’d share my blog entries from those earlier visits…
Entries from the 2011 Trip
- I was still working for Microsoft at that point and I was travelling to Austin to be the Canadian representative for the launch of Internet Explorer 9.
- While there, I met up with Lee Dale, Matt Rintoul and Gabe Mansour, and we went shopping at Allen’s Boots, where I shot an amusing video.
- I also shot some video of Austin’s phallic hotel…
- …but that’s not where I stayed. I stayed at the Staats house and shot a video tour and interview with my friend Jodi Brown.
- I got to break out the accordion in lots of ways. First, I caught the all-girl band Guilty Pleasures at the Chugging Monkey, who invited me to play with them…
- …then after enjoying some enchiladas and hanging out with my filmmakers friends Kate and David looking for a deal, I played accordion at a karaoke contest an won an iPad.
- And finally, I got to use the accordion to soothe an angry line who were waiting for hours just to get past customs.
- And a little later, a photo by Kris Krug.
Entries from the 2008 Trip
- A long line at Pearson airport
- Cleveland airport
- You know you’re in a “Red State” when…
- The rules of the ranch
- Flight summary
- The ranch
- Playing accordion at the “How to Rawk SxSW” panel
- Feelin’ the love from Jeremy Wright and David Crow
- Sharin’ the accordion love
- Hangin’ with Master Chief
- Annoying the A-list bloggers so you don’t have to!
- Sarah Lacy’s Zuckerberg interview train wreck
- Getting’ my drink on with Scoble
- Meeting up with Tony Pierce and Merlin Mann
- Tara Hunt and a unicorn
- 6th Street at night
- Make up your own caption!
- Annoying Stowe Boyd
- The Salt Lick’s delicious barbecue
- Continental Airlines’ oddball snack
- I walk the line
- I beat SxSARS!
- Pokin’ a dead goat with a stick