Never forget that for this administration and its supporters, the cruelty is the point.
In case you need context:
- Want to know where this display is? See the LA Times piece, Claremont nativity scene depicts Jesus, Mary and Joseph as refugees separated in cages.
- The New Yorker: A New Report on Family Separations Shows the Depths of Trump’s Negligence
- AP: US held record number of migrant children in custody in 2019
- Vox: The horrifying conditions facing kids in border detention, explained
- Time: Here’s What to Know About the Status of Family Separation at the U.S. Border, Which Isn’t Nearly Over
- Texas Tribune: Family separations aren’t over. As many as five kids per day are separated from their parents at the border.
Thanks to Chris Laco for the find.