It’s Labour Day, and I’ve already gotten a few messages from friends, asking if they’d like to catch up and wondering what’s open today. Here’s what’s happening in Toronto today, Labour Day 2012.
- The TTC and GO Trains are operating on holiday schedules.
- Eaton Centre: 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills: 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Square One: 11 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Pacific Mall: 11 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Shops in designated tourist areas, including Yorkville and Queen’s Quay
- The CNE: The gates open at 10:00 a.m. and close until 5:00 p.m.. Buildings are open until 7:00 p.m., the casino is open until 8:00 p.m. and rides are open until 9:00 p.m.. The Canadian International Air Show is best viewed from the CNE as well.
- The Brazilian Day Canada Festival takes place today at Yonge Dundas Square.
- The Hispanic Fiesta takes place today at Mel Lastman Square.
- The Toronto Zoo.
- The Royal Ontario Museum.
- The Ontario Science Centre.
- Canada’s Wonderland.
- Sherway Gardens
- Scarborough Town Centre
- LCBO and Beer stores
- Government offices, banks and libraries
- Most grocery stores and supermarkets
- Mail delivery