Earlier this week, I posted a blog entry about the Bacon Fest taking place tomorrow in Leslieville. I thought that I would simply attend until I received a Twitter message telling me that they were looking for a judge and asking me why I love bacon.
- Bacon works for any meal: breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, tea-time, dinner and midnight snack.
- You can add it to just about any dish to make it better. Bacon is to meals as ice cream is to dessert.
- It’s so tasty that it’s the one meat flavour that vegetarians and vegans work hard to copy
I also told them that I see bacon everywhere and sent them links to these photos:
My responses seem to have won over the committee and I will be a judge at tomorrow’s Bacon Fest.
Once again, the competitors will be:
- Le Papillon on the Park cooking Green Gate Farms’ bacon
- Waffle Bar and Mr. Spinners cooking Highmark Farms’ traditional-style bacon
- Glas Restaurant cooking Highmark Farms’ wild boar bacon
- Wheelbarrow Farm cooking their own traditional-style bacon
- Ying Ying Soy Food cooking with their own tofu bacon
In addition to competing, they’ll also be selling their bacon-based dishes for you to try.
The bacon-based fun happens this Sunday, August 12th at Jonathan Ashbridge Park (Queen Street East, a few blocks west of Coxwell) and runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m..
See you there! (And yes, I’m bringing the accordion.)