Gang Signs of Los Angeles

by Joey deVilla on May 28, 2008

Never let it be said that you won’t learn anything here at The Adventures of Accordion Guy in the 21st Century. Whether you’re entering a freestyle rap battle in Compton or just trying to “keep it real” in your suburb, be sure you know these gang signs!

Hand signs of various Los Angeles gangs.

Graphic by Baileybrothaz, used with their permission.

I should ask my co-worker Rachel which gang sign she threw when she lived in L.A. (my money’s on “Crip Killa”).

On that note, here’s Dynamite Hack’s 2000 cover of Eazy-E’s Boyz-n-the-Hood:

I really should add this one to the accordion repertoire.

Rachel Segal May 28, 2008 at 2:21 pm

All of them. Really quickly, in a row. To confuse the gangstas and prove I’m craaaaaaaazy and not to be messed with.

Kalessin May 31, 2008 at 5:23 am

I liked Boyz-n-the-Hood. You should also check out Nina Gordon’s Straight Outta Compton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otL6FvpALQg&fmt=18

Just helping you out June 1, 2008 at 6:32 pm

if you took your banner “accordian-guy.jpg” and turned it into a PNG8 file you would not have that blotchy red color you get from jpeg compression on solid colors, especially read. PNGs handle solid colors much better, as well as the alpha shadows, FWIW.

Bernard Holcman June 2, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Very good, i posted on my website in brazil!
thefries.blogspot.com

ashley July 3, 2008 at 3:34 pm

nah boo i gotta do it 4 da Bloodz baby e’erday

ariel July 22, 2008 at 8:11 pm

ha………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felicia September 10, 2008 at 11:58 am

I GOTTA GO WIT DA BLOODS BCUZ U KNOW IT EAST SIDE ALL DA TIME YA DIGG GET AT ME IF U GOTTA A PROB H8 ON DAT

bodysnatcher October 1, 2008 at 2:06 am

LOL… U NEED 2 DO SUM SERIOUS RESEARCH B4 U START POSTIN GANG SIGNS..

NICE TRY THOUGH!!!

MAYBE U SHUD TRY GOIN HOOD 2 HOOD AND ASKIN THEM 2 SHOW U..

AND REMEMBER!!

RIPZ 2 DA LEFT!!! DOGZ ON THA RIGHT!!!

!!!!BELLIN!!!!

lucer chava October 2, 2008 at 3:24 pm

you guy’S ARE THE COOLES GUY’s in the web

INSTAG8A October 21, 2008 at 6:42 am

RANSOM*Y.F.C*PTOWN*Gz UP….. IM FRM NEW ZEALAND G WE ROLN STR8 YELLO KILLA BEEZ CRIMZ UP!!! SMASH PROOF

INSTAG8A October 21, 2008 at 6:45 am

NE GZ 4RM AMERICA ON LINE NIGGA NUTZ?? F.T.W PUT EM UP AO 4 SHO

LIL WEEZY October 25, 2008 at 7:58 am

fuck latin kings b’s up iam a blood all day evry day CK CRIP KILLA

crow October 27, 2008 at 3:45 pm

once a crip always a crip. dont start shit if you dont want me knockin down your door. dont post it if its not true. no disrespect but your a bitch if you dont go by the code its not colers were fightin about its for the respect
187 drive by once you do that.you never go back. in the end your dead or in jail so watch your back and keep who you can trust not by what they can do cause if there goin down thell snitch you out and thell fle the country so trust me on that one who is true will have your back till death thats me so get some respect and learn your shit bicthes

Rxllin 20s 5gang October 29, 2008 at 7:57 pm

A^ye B^l25xd yall niggaz Dxnt B^ang nigga this Rxllin 25sNHB All day nigga 18(K)ad 30Killah b^ I run dat M.E.C.C.A rule on blood add that Rollin 20s uP therr nigga thumB uP Pinky out b^l25xd

6 Flying November 6, 2008 at 8:00 pm

daw u needa get ur shit right son

6an6sta Discip7e_917 November 7, 2008 at 11:36 pm

Yo u fake ass fuck nigga disc^ip7es Tru 6lue All day 6k all day S7o6 ki77a 7K Down ✡ all day Fuk da 5 7/4 till tha world 6low GD till i Die Fuck Slo6s Fuck 7atin Queerz 6ang in da 305 C^laim the Gangstas Disciple✡ Killa c^ode Rigime C^rip

Poppi November 12, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Blood in blood out southside blood nigga u already know wat it du. Ck not crip killa but crab killa. Im in columbus ohio so fuc da short north bitch nigga shoutouts ta all myblaad nikkas . Southside!

Snoopy November 21, 2008 at 3:33 am

Bk Allday like im reppin Brooklyn 187 on them slobs catch a slob slippin straight smoke his ass. stuck in the game crip or die aint no coming out wish i new this shit before i got my stip. was forced in this game dont stop to the casket drop so if you slob’n tuck in you rags when you see the blue 64′ rollin by lot of homies dead locked up so stop glorifying shit shits fo’real games for a pain knowing a slob going some you some where down the line

*chitty chitty bang

Precious November 23, 2008 at 12:33 pm

bruh ta be honest i think qangs r soo fuccin pointless yall niccazs talkn bouh if u want it u can qet bruh yall dnt even know where each otha lives! well mi family is both crips nd blood nd dah shit is sooo fuccin confusin im from Arizona where most crips at nd moved to North Carolina where dem bloods be at!! buh like i said yall niccas aint qon doo shit sooo stick to skool nd yall lives! cus like one dude said u either qon end up in jail or DEAD!! so think bouh whu chu doin b4 yall stoopid ass’s so it buh i aint qon lie B^!!! haha

LIL KNOCKOUT December 17, 2008 at 8:50 am

MAN IM AT SKOO AN I HAVE TO DO A BULLSHIT ASS ASIGNMENT OVER GANG VIOLENCE AN I SEE DIS HOE ASS SITE WAT KIND OF BULL SHIT IS THIS U DONT HAVE EVEN HALF OF DA HOODS UP THERE CUZ IM 4RM PLEASANT HILLTOP PROJECTS 33RD BLOCK NIGGA ALL DA HOOD HOMIES NO THIS SITE AINT THE HOOD SIGNS MOST OF THEM SIGNS ARNET EVEN USED ANY MORE MOST OF THEM HOODS BK UP THERE IS OLD AN PLAYED OUT GET INFO CHECKED UP CUZ
IM OUT HTC HTG CPT CG HILLTOP GANGSTA CUZ

MiNiStRy January 21, 2009 at 1:48 pm

B`s UP c`S DOWN FUCK THEM CRABZ
cK ALL FUCKING DAY
MY PAKIZ AND NIGGAZ GET UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

bigdaddypimpin January 21, 2009 at 8:23 pm

yo dog im going with latain kings bitch and get there sigh and maybe ill repsinte

pebbweed January 25, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Fucc out here wit all dat I say B^ all day throw dat here n there we gear out in brooklyn so get it right evry day out here is 1 more bl00d nd 1 less c rip we do it big rep our colors or sigh n 4 sure or SPOT!!! Bedsta,cpt,cd nd hilltop ya digg

K- Ridder January 27, 2009 at 9:02 pm

yo fuCK all CraBs jus yo know 5P 6Droppin

lil NUZ OOG January 31, 2009 at 3:40 pm

OK YALL Niggaz ix retarted 1zt u Niggaz tiNk yall B^Ad Azx B^uz u CkaN talk Xhit ova da NterNet B^ut weN a reAl B^LOOD popz up u Niggaz go Kryin to da 5-0 or get 187d N da xtreetz im NORTHXIDE BLOOD MACKON XT up N A-TOWN ANd Itz xpelled CKRABZ AN CKRIP KILLA OR CKRAB KILLA AN latiN kiNgz are puzxiez all talk AN No walk fuckiN ZNAKE AXZ B^ITCHEX Zame wit folkz AN NatioN gaNGz
IF NE 1 WANZ TO TRIP CkALL ME AN ILL LET YO TRUE CkOLOR DRIP

lil NUZ OOG January 31, 2009 at 3:42 pm

SA WHOOP

yal dum February 2, 2009 at 2:04 am

haha i found dis site doin a essay 4 skool yal aint shit none of yal dats y yal lookn at dis page so u can false claim cuz if u wuz n a reel set den they teach u so stop frontn u aint impressn noone by fakn so just b u not sum dude who thank they cool cuz they fightn a pointles fight n they n jail for nuttn and yal morons want ta act like u dem pleeze stop wait til u meet a reel g n get ya tail beat n maybe killd i seen it happn n my hood ppl shot 4 nuthin post if u feel me if not u need ta

c loc February 3, 2009 at 10:47 am

c all day is’s f^ck a blood straght bullits to his dom

b's up February 23, 2009 at 1:17 am

5 popppin 6 droppin ck all da way bebby b’s up

flac jr February 24, 2009 at 3:42 am

Never trusted a king bitch. Fukk ya king bitches ya took 2 much from met thts y I’m doin hartford a favor nd droppin ya lil bitches like flies. Bullet 2 ur dome bitch solido 45 all day everyday.

mike February 26, 2009 at 10:49 pm

5 up 6 down 5 poppin 6 droppin bs up cs down

gangsta May 5, 2009 at 7:41 pm

get your shit right if yo ass is going to post something about the crip family you better get it right we aint all for the the color the color is how we roll respect is we what we live by

G-Dogg June 3, 2009 at 5:16 pm

All yall fake te’ll want ya’ll is

strait poppiN June 10, 2009 at 4:11 pm

na iz all abou blue*
[[let it rain let it flood leta crip killa blood]]

momma June 20, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Learn how to talk, you all sound retarded lol.

Paige Thompson July 18, 2009 at 8:33 am

If I could I’d like to get a larger copy of this image– I want a poster

John Doe December 9, 2009 at 9:55 am

Wow gangbangin sure makes you dumb. Enjoy the unemployment bitches.

alexus January 1, 2010 at 3:16 pm

ms13 is a kickass gang. js. i dont understand gangs to be honest because wats the purpose of killing people for power? if you want power so badly play monoply.

David July 2, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Do you know where I can find either or both posters? I would like to buy them for my girlfriend, a lawyer who has an obsession with gang-related crimes. Let me know.

Dr. B July 11, 2010 at 11:44 am

Wow, seriously if someone was to walk up to me talking the way half of you “gangstas” do, I’d have to smack you retarded…..Oh wait, you already are. How do you expect to get anywhere in life talking & spelling the way you do? I guess being in a gang is gonna get you everything in life? While I’m in Med School earning my degree & getting smarter, I’ll work for what I want, not have to try to scare the daylights out of someone

Killa A-Z March 20, 2011 at 11:53 am

I B lurnin howe 2 spail Doggs. Itz oll bout da NayKid Burthdai colorz jigga wut? Man, this was hard to do. I’m learning though! HA

Dlx May 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Hey, the gang banger on the diagram is wearing white socks with sandals.
That ain’t hood! That’s my dad.

Anonymous May 24, 2011 at 12:23 am

Pathetic, You guys act like you’re in a gang and you’re all awesome and shit, but you’re not. Gangs are just Homosexual Orgys.

RoErikka October 7, 2011 at 3:39 am

i hold no prejudice against gangs. They just get crazy sometimes dissing,disrespecting,and shooting bullets at eachother. I know about rivalries because my brother and cousin always ”stack” they signs and argue.

5 poppin 6 droppin March 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Damn aight im in the B’s and i have to talk in code like the rst of the M.O.B’s but i aint gonna act all boss and shiton the web. I just wait for a Ckrab to step to me. All ya should do the same too.. now we all gonna get punished by the O.G..