Gang Signs of Los Angeles

by Joey deVilla on May 28, 2008

Never let it be said that you won’t learn anything here at The Adventures of Accordion Guy in the 21st Century. Whether you’re entering a freestyle rap battle in Compton or just trying to “keep it real” in your suburb, be sure you know these gang signs!

Hand signs of various Los Angeles gangs.

Graphic by Baileybrothaz, used with their permission.

I should ask my co-worker Rachel which gang sign she threw when she lived in L.A. (my money’s on “Crip Killa”).

On that note, here’s Dynamite Hack’s 2000 cover of Eazy-E’s Boyz-n-the-Hood:

I really should add this one to the accordion repertoire.

alexus January 1, 2010 at 3:16 pm

ms13 is a kickass gang. js. i dont understand gangs to be honest because wats the purpose of killing people for power? if you want power so badly play monoply.

David July 2, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Do you know where I can find either or both posters? I would like to buy them for my girlfriend, a lawyer who has an obsession with gang-related crimes. Let me know.

Dr. B July 11, 2010 at 11:44 am

Wow, seriously if someone was to walk up to me talking the way half of you “gangstas” do, I’d have to smack you retarded…..Oh wait, you already are. How do you expect to get anywhere in life talking & spelling the way you do? I guess being in a gang is gonna get you everything in life? While I’m in Med School earning my degree & getting smarter, I’ll work for what I want, not have to try to scare the daylights out of someone

Killa A-Z March 20, 2011 at 11:53 am

I B lurnin howe 2 spail Doggs. Itz oll bout da NayKid Burthdai colorz jigga wut? Man, this was hard to do. I’m learning though! HA

Dlx May 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Hey, the gang banger on the diagram is wearing white socks with sandals.
That ain’t hood! That’s my dad.

Anonymous May 24, 2011 at 12:23 am

Pathetic, You guys act like you’re in a gang and you’re all awesome and shit, but you’re not. Gangs are just Homosexual Orgys.

RoErikka October 7, 2011 at 3:39 am

i hold no prejudice against gangs. They just get crazy sometimes dissing,disrespecting,and shooting bullets at eachother. I know about rivalries because my brother and cousin always ”stack” they signs and argue.

5 poppin 6 droppin March 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Damn aight im in the B’s and i have to talk in code like the rst of the M.O.B’s but i aint gonna act all boss and shiton the web. I just wait for a Ckrab to step to me. All ya should do the same too.. now we all gonna get punished by the O.G..

Bec August 20, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Now I need an interpretation for your interpretations, have no idea what they mean either.