I found a great Gordon Ramsay interview on the BBC talk show Parkinson in which he covers a number of topics, including:
- Why it’s difficult to serve his mom at his restaurant
- Is all that screaming really necessary to run a restaurant?
- Why he doesn’t do dinner parties at home
- The “his and hers” kitchens at his house: his is 1,500 square feet and has a code lock on the door
- Working long days in Parisian kitchens and having a French girlfriend (“It’s like going to bed with a Rottweiler strapped to your chest”).
The interview’s a couple of years old, but it’s making the rounds on the internet right now. I figure that if it’s new to me, it’s likely new to at least a few other people, so I thought I’d point you to it. To watch it, click here or click the photo below:
By the bye, the video’s posted on VidKing, a celebrity video site that I’m working on reviving. Give it a look and let me know what you’d like to see on it, in terms of videos or features.