Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze

by Joey deVilla on December 9, 2007

The recipe that this article points to no longer exists, but there’s an equally good recipe for Maple Bacon Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies here!

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze

“Muffin”, the author of the blog Ooh, You Tasty Little Things… (a blog that since has been closed), wrote:

This whole thing started the other night when my husband and I were having a conversation about what foods could and could not be made better with the addition of bacon.

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze

You can see the end result of said conversation in the photos that accompany her article, Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze, some of which are reproduced here.

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze

She says they taste good — and why not? She’s not the only person who’s mixed bacon and chocolate: consider the bacon chocolate bar created by Vosges, the gourmet chocolatier and heartily recommended by none other than supersexy celebrity chef Nigella Lawson.

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze

Luckily for those of us with brave culinary spirits, “Muffin” published the recipe for the cookies and the glaze. Who wants to try making a batch of these with me over the Chrismukkah break?

Marmy December 9, 2007 at 9:45 am

I’d be willing to make them for you however you called Nigella Lawson a “chef.”

Maria December 9, 2007 at 12:17 pm

I’m not even scared of these cookies. They do pour maple syrup over bacon, so I believe chocolate shouldn’t be that different. We would have to adapt them to my dietary conditions, though.

Summer December 10, 2007 at 12:44 am

Guess what I’ll be making to celebrate the end of exams? ;)

Susan Clarke December 10, 2007 at 12:19 pm

The maple is perfect to tie the two together. And chocolate and salty are an excellent combo (think chocolate covered pretzels).

Not so crazy after all, methinks.

Mike October 5, 2008 at 2:59 pm

EWW

Nicole October 16, 2008 at 4:58 am

Eww They Look Horrible.
Omg. :S

brian cors November 14, 2008 at 5:05 pm

BOOO. The website for the recipe is deader than a doornail. Does anyone have this recipe that they could share?

halo3 master December 10, 2008 at 1:10 pm

disgusting disgusting disgusting disgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgusting

Cat December 12, 2008 at 12:44 pm
YO MAMA March 15, 2009 at 4:31 pm

OMG tastes like yo mama

nikki April 1, 2009 at 9:42 pm

i’m actually eating Mo’s Bacon Bar by Vosges Haut-Chocolate, and it’s actually a wonderful thing! People used to think salted caramels were absurd and now it’s a huge trend, the Bacon Chocolate trend is just a step further, with the caramel notes in the milk chocolate and the saltiness of bacon with the added sea salt all blend well. So now, I think making it into a cookie is a wonderful idea! Although, I do think I would put bacon bits IN the cookie rather than decorate the cookie with a chunk of bacon.

Amy January 3, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I have to say, that i think this would be a nice blend. maybe people are afraid of taking the traditional cookie and altering it to a more savory, tasty treat… maybe if this was presented a little differently. I don’t know how, mainly because i like this cookie… people, expecially those looking to further their culinary expressions, should be open minded… come on, who would have thought that the artichoke is edible… and tasty to boot! hang in there friends, bacon chocolate chip cookies are ok… really they are.

Nick January 26, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I would like to see the nutritional facts for these cookies!

BACON AND CHEESE May 20, 2010 at 2:06 pm

so i think this looks just so yummy, and im having a class project … and im making it for my group, whats the ethnical background behind this food. ..
but just wondering, is the liquid ontop of the cookie and inbetween the bacon , grease from the baccon, or gravy…? i think you should put some icing sugar on this with a touch of maple syrup it would just top it off.

josh August 2, 2010 at 12:22 am

that looks great, i would eat that in a second

kayleigh November 18, 2010 at 6:44 am

eww they look gross

kayleigh November 18, 2010 at 6:45 am

ewwwwwww so butters they look gross

monie reyes March 25, 2011 at 9:45 am

they look so freaking nasty ewwww

joey reyes March 25, 2011 at 9:46 am

ewwwwwwwww

Brittany March 26, 2011 at 9:47 am

I am going to have to try these!!! YUM!! Bacon is good on everything! I have a bacon cupcake recipe that everyone loves! SO what if they’re fattening.. lol. :)

Genius March 26, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Cookies and bacon. My two fav things. I wonder how it tastes like as a mixture.

Erin August 18, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I’ve made this exact recipe, and for all you doubters out there….you’re crazy. They’re amazing. Maria is exactly right–it’s just like when you sop up your extra pancake syrup with your bacon. It’s amazing. In fact, I’m trying to dig up the recipe again to make them for my husband’s birthday!

sandwicharchitecture September 8, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Wow. Who are you people who look at this and say eww?! These look incredible. The Vosges bacon chocolate bar is good, but not as good as the candied bacon my friend dipped in peanut buttery chocolate goodness. OMG. Setting out to make an apple bacon cake with maple cream cheese frosting tonight, naysayers be damned.

where's it at October 7, 2012 at 12:12 pm