Techies: you can either read our tech blog, Global Nerdy, or wallow in the filth of your own ignorance and uncoolness.
- A Tale of Two Swagmen: Back when we were in a band, George had the better “chick magnetism” as he was the bassist and I played keyboards (and not just keyboards, but keytar!). The shoe’s on the other foot these days — my swag-fu is better than his.
- TiddlyWiki: The powerful little Ajax wiki that’s getting a lot of mention these days.
- Six-Word Stories About Programming Languages: Programming languages explain themselves in stories six words in lengths. Perl’s is “They’ll come crawling back. You’ll see!”. (No, they won’t.)
- Google Ad Sales Reorgs Around the Customer: It looks as though Google Ads will move to one account director per account, which will encapsulate all its ad types — search, mobile, video, audio and so on. Who benefits? Who loses?
- Apple Shows .Mac Mail Some Love, Web 2.0-Style: Apple’s Web 2.0 renovations to .Mac mail are a step in the right direction, but they still have a way to go.
- Program Lets Anyone Print Boarding Passes…To Gitmo!: The grad student who made the program that prints out fake boarding passes was trying to demonstrate how bad airport secuirty is, not help terrorists.
- CAPTCHAs: More Effective Than You’ve Been Led to Believe: Don’t believe the naysayers: just look on the ‘net for proof that CAPTCHAs work!
- Eve isn’t the Real Attacker!: For years, security scenarios have told you the story from ALice and Bob’s point of view. At long last, Eve gets her say.