The Dangers of “World of Warcraft”

by Joey deVilla on June 16, 2006

Paging Joi Ito! Paging Catspaw! Paging our CEO Elliot! Are you aware of The Dangers of “World of Warcraft”? The comic below will show you what they are!

(If you hadn’t figured it out, the comic is a repurposed “Dangers of Alcoholism” comic from the 60s or 70s.)

Milk August 11, 2009 at 10:28 pm

omfg /wowquit much? this is pretty genius indeed.

FOR THE HORDE

Gravemaster of Anachronos August 26, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Omg I’ve been playing wow for 5 years and my grades are always 19+ with the best mark being 20. Even if you are addicted to wow most people don’t suicide because of it, nor do they forget their families. (In fact wow found my a gf so I’m happy)

metin2 yang October 19, 2009 at 1:06 am

Abby November 29, 2010 at 5:13 pm

My husband was a total WoW addict when we were dating, and it caused serious relationship issues. It just took up too much time! Now, we limit game time and don’t do any scheduled guild stuff that means we can only hang out with our real-life friends at certain times. Plus, we play together sometimes, which is really a lot of fun for us.

Allison February 22, 2011 at 1:48 am

This game has destroyed a very dear friends life, he was fired from a union job that he was employed with for 21 years! He has lost his new truck, his mortgage is now 2 full months behind, he has no food, hasn’t showered in about 6-8 weeks……it’s awful! This man is truly a great person too! It’s killing me slowly to watch his life crumbling before my eyes.
I need advice and help! Please …

Ronnie March 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I think there has to be a balance between gaming and home life or the situation can get out of control.

Quick WoW April 27, 2011 at 5:10 pm

When I saw this comics I laughed my a** off!But the “I’ll show you PVP bitch!” just rofl’ed me to death,although doctor says I’m going to be alright XD Keep ’em comming dude :))

mikachu November 1, 2011 at 2:06 pm

One – Sounds like the comic book guy from the Simpsons.

Allison – You cannot help a person unless they are willing to help themselves. Sorry to say this, but you might protest all you want however, it is his choice in the end whether to keep playing or not. It almost sounds like he has an addictive personality and hasn’t found the right balance yet. Some people get passed it, others don’t.

I enjoyed this comic a lot, it reminded me of the GI Joe parodies from FenslerFilm… Even though I play WoW, I thought this was clever, haha. PvP Bitch was brilliant.

Rosethorne June 25, 2012 at 11:13 am

I saw this a few years ago, and for some reason it popped into my head the other day and I had to find this comic! It still makes me crack up, even after the tenth read. 🙂

grinder machine December 21, 2012 at 4:23 am

“real world”…

Dogman15 February 13, 2013 at 4:22 am

This is why I don’t play WoW. I play Team Fortress 2.

Mary August 28, 2013 at 4:41 am